> In the case you have added e.g. a stop sign on the way. A second
> mapper comes in, splits the way on the stop sign, reverts the
> direction of one of the spit parts. Now the node is at the end of 2
> ways with different direction and one cannot know what is
> forward/backward in that node. But any good editor can give a
> warning/error for such a case.

yes, the editor can issue a warning, but what should be the reaction then?
Shall we discourage changing way directions because of a stop sign node on
this way? Usually there's a good reason for people changing way directions,
adding more complexity to these changes with highway signs depending on
them is not necessary.

Cheers,
Martin