What are good reasons to change the direction of a way ? Oneway comes
to mind, but is split way at stop sign, revert one arriving way,
change the oneway tag of tag a realistic scenario ? So you end up with
a oneway way that becomes a two-way road at the stop sign.
Are there other reasons to revert a the direction of part of a way ?

Until now I have not seen any real example from the opponents of the
direction tag on a node that shows the need for a relation because the
direction of the node is ambiguous.
All I have seen is "there is a theoretical possibility that..."

Please prove me wrong and show some real world example where it does not work.
(I do understand the need for a relation in case you have to stop
unless you turn to the right).

m.