On 28-Apr-17 06:33 PM, Marc Gemis wrote:
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 1:46 AM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27-Apr-17 01:43 PM, Marc Gemis wrote:
do we need the same tags for motorhomes ?

Off topic. They get a mention on the  caravan_site wiki page. I think they
are represented by caravan at this time.

Sorry, I think that in some countries you are allowed to camp with a
motorhome on some rest areas, but not with caravans. So you can have
camping:motorhome=yes and camping:caravan=no.

Sorry, don't know of this. Can you give an example country/place?
Trying to find a best fix to 'my' tagging problem.
Self centred I know, but there are many 'distractions' with OSM mapping leading
in all sorts of directions.
If that is the case then the camping:x=yes/no may possibly be the 'best'
solution?

Apparently Walmart in the USA allow 'camping' in some of their stores' car
parks. So this may have application to amenity=parking too.

Motorhome camping is different from caravan camping is different from
tent camping. I thought you were trying to extend rest area tagging
for all kinds of camping.

Not aware of them being that dissimilar.
Both can incorporate a store of water, a store for waste water, a shower, a
toilet, an independent electrical supply and etc.

Some motorhomes have a secondary car towed behind them - so they can have a
carvanesk application of park/camp and use the car to get to sights/supermarket
thing too.