Hello,

Le 28. 09. 17 à 16:32, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> I prefer the generic solution (node relation) over a specific device
> solution, which still doesn't allow for more details (different
> properties, layering order, etc.)

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:devices
devices describe that there are many times the same element,
so it is no additional tag needed to describe
the differences between elements since they are identical.

What you describe (a pole with a traffic sign and a bin for example)
is quite different. it might be interesting to have a mechanism to
describe this, if at least it was to be supported by the current tools
(which is always tricky for road signs)

 > If you have a street light with a dust bin attached to it,
 > the dust bin goes in "devices"?
no devices=2 mean 2x the same objet (2 bin or 2 transformers)
currently, add bin=yes to the node.

Regards,
Marc