Hi!
"amenity=drinking_water works for me" it's ok for me too
amenity=drinking_water it is a very good, universal, proven and needed tag.
I wondered if it was possible to determine the quality of the water more
accurately. It looks like with drinking_water=yes/no/boil/ ... is an
indispensable tag, widely used, easy to use and used by many app.

I can not understand the introduction of the amenity=water_point tag. Was
not better to add water_point=yes/.?
e.g.
amenity=drinking_water
drinking_water=yes
water_point=yes

I do not understand what's different in water_point from amenity_drnking at
the moment I think it's 100% synonymous.
Browsing wikicommons in search of water point examples, you can clearly see
that it is a synonymus/replacement for drinking water. I have the
impression that this tag is used for drinking water in the Great Britain,
but someone should check it out.

Humans, machine, animals need clean unpolluted water. I do not know what
the division is due to. If is clean water tested from amenity=water_point
can not be used for watering animals or people and vice versa?
How was the water source's efficiency calculated for tag
amenity=water_point?

If there is such a waterway=water_point tag, maybe should be a new tag
created for the fuel boat service station e.g. waterway=fuel?;
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dfuel

Someone can explain the reason for imports amenity=water_point
https://postimg.org/image/f3607hgl1/ for example an increase in the amount
of the tag amenity=drinking_water https://postimg.org/image/f3607hgl1/ you
can see big differences http://taghistory.raifer.tech/.

news