On 13-Jan-18 05:07 AM, Cez jod wrote:
Hi!
"amenity=drinking_water works for me" it's ok for me too
amenity=drinking_water it is a very good, universal, proven and needed tag. I wondered if it was possible to determine the quality of the water more accurately. It looks like with drinking_water=yes/no/boil/ ... is an indispensable tag, widely used, easy to use and used by many app.

I can not understand the introduction of the amenity=water_point tag. Was not better to add water_point=yes/.?
e.g.
amenity=drinking_water
drinking_water=yes
water_point=yes

I do not understand what's different in water_point from amenity_drnking at the moment I think it's 100% synonymous.

Amenity= drinking_water is non specific. It does not tell me if I can drink directly from it (I can from a man_made=drinking_fountain), fill a water bottle without trouble (I can from a man_made=tag, drinking_water=yes), fill a caravan water tank (I and from a amenity=water_point) .. etc etc. People did not want to add subtags to amenity=drinking_water as you have done because some of these features have sings that say drinking_water=no, to have a feature with amenity=drinking_water, drinking_water=no is not good! .