On 13-Feb-18 08:16 AM, Bill Ricker wrote:
Nearly all the residential roads in my part of the world should default to
lanes=2.
What drives me crazy is in my neighborhood, the residential roads are
physically wide enough for 3 lanes, but with parking lanes on both
sides, and some are still signed for two-way traffic. Winds up being
like a one-lane two-way bridge ... Ooops.
And that's before snow narrows things ...

Snow? What is that? :)

I too live in a narrow street.
People park illegally on the road verge blocking pedestrians so they have to
walk on the road .. making things worse.
People take extreme care on bin day to get their bins emptied.

The only world wide default I know of is:
All people are stupid ... from time to time.  :))