> On Feb 15, 2018, at 9:41 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> +1 to require „enshrining“ for a shrine.

For some context, here are 4 pictures.

https://m.imgur.com/a/cyFFn

The first two is a remote Shinto shrine (building=shrine) located on a hilltop.

It is a building the size of a garage.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/557838211

The third is a small wayside shrine for a natural spring, visible as white
bubbles on the left. A much larger temple (?) Is 30m away.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3608984826

The last one is a mystery to me. There are often carved tablets or writing
carved into the stone near certian natural features. These are on enoshima
island near the cliffs and tidal flats, with a view of Mt Fuji. I see these
kind of carvings and tablets - but I have no idea of their origin or purpose.

They are below this building.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/191675374

Similar to this carving in Kyoto in a temple complex
https://www.flickr.com/photos/javbw/11083806845/

Or this tablet in a rural mountain forest.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/javbw/11091117975/

They might all have different meanings and completely different form one
another - but represent the kind of "wayside objects" I see that are in the
smaller side.