sent from a phone

> On 29. Mar 2018, at 09:37, Topographe Fou <letopographe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One thing I never understood was why we have to maintain two schemas
> (probably because consensus was not reached)

it is generally hard in OSM to declare something as better, hence we always
speak about “alternatives” because every way of mapping might be an advantage
in some setting / for some question, e.g. when there was only highway=bus_stop
for bus stops, the discussion was whether to put the stop on the highway or on
the side of it, and AFAIR both were proclaimed equally valid, each with their
own pros and cons.

Cheers,
Martin