From: Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>
Sent: Friday, 6 April 2018 12:58
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] no_u_turn restrictions for every entry/exit into a
roundabout when the way is split because of physical separation?

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 8:50 PM, <osm.tagg...@thorsten.engler.id.au
<mailto:osm.tagg...@thorsten.engler.id.au> > wrote:

> I find it's less than productive for finding solutions to problems the
> wiki is currently advising to leave unresolved (such as this), or
> ambiguous (like primary vs trunk vs motorway in the US).

It doesn't tell you to leave the problem unsolved. It only tells you that
tagging the legal default if there is nothing on the ground is not the correct
solution to the problem.

 Right, something I really think is quite a weak point right now.  Especially
when even if it's not on the ground, at least in the US jurisdiction, works of
the government are readily reproducible.  What makes deriving the data from the
legal code on a government website any different, from, say, tracing NAIP
aerial imagery?