Hi,

On 19.04.2018 03:33, André Pirard wrote:
> I have several times suggested a "language" boundary type (with
> provision for minority languages etc.)

I think such a boundary type would not be verifiable enough to draw a
precise line; it's the same problem as "the Black Forest" or "the Alps"
which simply don't match our data model. You can do it for verifiable
facts like "the official language(s) in <administrative area> is/are
<language>" but you cannot do it for fuzzy things.

Also, speaking of data model, we already have too many boundary
relations. Pick an arbitrary strech of the Rhine river near where I live
and you'll find it is a member of more than 20 relations, ranging from
administrative boundaries on various levels, to church or school
districts or cultural entities. This doesn't scale, hence my opposition
to further relations that will, by and large, follow existing borders.
If you want to tag that French is the official language in France, add
that to the France boundary relation instead of creating yet another
relation that re-uses the boundary ways.

Bye
Frederik