On 26/04/2018 14:52, Paul Allen wrote:
Although other updates I made at the same time were rendered, the pumping
station wasn't.

... on some maps.  It'll appear on others, such as:

https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=20&lat=52.0821841&lon=-4.657313 *

I wouldn't let the fact that one map style has problems with certain kinds of infrastructure influence tagging.  Generally speaking mappers are pretty good at figuring out when a building or a landuse tag is needed in addition to an existing feature tag.  Outright " falsehoods to fool the renderer" are actually pretty rare.  Of course by all means try and improve the wiki page for a particular feature explaining how people map things (buildings vs non-buildings).  This probably means I'm agreeing with "4" of your list of 7, but TBH anything that improves the wik iand reflects current tagging would be good.

Best Regards,
Andy

* the fact that it currently appears on that map in English rather than Welsh is actually a bug, but that's a different issue...