On 04/05/18 07:44, Rachele Amerini wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm mapping rural areas of Central Asia after an expedition there.
I've found a lot of sheds, where many animals coexisted (sheeps, cows, horses...). I'd like to map them but I'm in doubt about the right tag: *building=shed* "refers to a simple, single-storey structure that is used for storage, hobbies, or as a workshop. They can often be found in a back garden, on an allotment, or at site with groundskeeping" which is not.
*=stable* refers to horses
*=cowshed* refers to cows
*=sty *refers to pigs

I think would be better in this case to use something more generic like *cattleshed, *but this would be a new tag.
Any suggestion about how proceed?

Best fit for the moment is

building=farm_auxiliary

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dfarm_auxiliary

You could add some sub tags? Such as

farm_auxiliary:function=sheeps;cows;horses;* farm_auxiliary:architecture=shed/*