An example of a (bus) route that goes out and comes back to the same
location. It's not circle shaped at all, but that shouldn't matter for
circular route.

I removed roundtrip=yes and replaced it with

circular_route=yes
closed_loop=no

If the last way wouldn't be in there, closed_loop would be yes. But the
first and the last bus stops are not exactly opposite one another.

Jo