Thanks for the reply Volker!

I had in mind a tag to describe the first 2 of the definitions given by you (a
hotel “lounge” in my mind is more like an airport lounge than a plain lobby).
For alcoholic bars the current tagging scheme appears sufficient so I didn’t
mean to cover that. That is not to say that there isn’t alcohol served at the
other 2 types of “lounges”.
I believe a general approach might be too complicated/convoluted, especially in
the case of waiting rooms at gov offices and the like - more indoor mapping
territory to me.
The proposal was designed to cover all the other, usually transport-related
glorified waiting rooms/lounges. It can be used for simple waiting rooms, but
is really useful for lounges with added amenities, e.g showers, food.

Anton