As I've said before, Notes was a good idea, poorly implemented.
Users should be able to delete them. I've never quite understood the reluctance to allow that. New users are able to delete OSM data on they're first edit, but Notes have to be protected for some reason. I get bored of 'The party's here' ones - even if they're resolved the URL is still current, so doesn't deter people from using it in such a manner.

DaveF.