On 18 June 2018 at 09:00, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, agree that looks like spam. Googling the company name brings back
> pretty well exactly that data & description, so it's one we could delete,
> but the problem is finding it?
>
> The location on the map is in the middle of the oval at Southport High
> School, but there's no nodes in the spot shown. The address listed would be
> across the road & up the hill a little bit, but once again, no node shown
> there either? I don't know if that business actually exists at that
> location (& it's a 45 minute drive away, so I'm not going up to check it!).
>
> How do we find the node with the spam data listed, or, as you say, has it
> possibly been listed as a note only, so how do we delete the note?

You can view notes on the OSM website, no need to go into the iD Editor.
See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Notes#Viewing_notes under Map
Layers > Map Notes.

I've closed that note last night so it might not show up, they show up
green when resolved for a short time after, then they'll automatically
disappear, all documented at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Notes#Resolving_notes

> Notes are marked as resolved, not removed or deleted, with the data being
retained for future reference. However, once resolved notes have aged for a
small while, they no longer appear on the map view. The data working group
can hide notes so they won't appear at all, but this will be done for
reasons outside normal editing and mapping; e.g., notes that are insulting
to people, or that contain sensitive/confidential information.