1. I'm not confused.

2. I don't agree that highway=bus_stop nodes next to the ways should be
'UPGRADED' to ways or areas. We should keep those nodes AND add those nodes
and ONLY those nodes to the route relations.

3. If there happens to be an actual platform, we can keep mapping those as
highway=platform/railway=plattform on a way or area. Those are the ones
where I started to remove the public_transport=platform from.
highway=platform/railway=plattform
is perfectly fine for them.