Martin:
> The operation of the OSMF editor should not be in conflict with the
> OSMF mission.

Bryan:
> iD is not an “OSMF editor”.  I literally have nothing to do with OSMF.

Bryan is right; iD is an independent project and not controlled by the OSMF.

iD is, of course, afforded considerable status by the OSMF putting it up
as their main in-browser editor. The OSMF could choose to afford this
status to another editor, or to a forked and community-curated version
of iD that replaces Bryan's tag design decisions by something else, but
I don't currently see anything present itself.

Bye
Frederik