On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:29 PM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/06/18 01:33, Paul Allen wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 4:22 PM, marc marc <marc_marc_...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> maybe something like for=retailer
>> like it exist for social_facility
>>

> Best idea I've seen so far.  OK, it's the only idea I've seen so far, but
> it doesn't seem
> obviously wrong (those with a far longer experience of mapping than I have
> may come
> up with many reasons it's a bad idea).
>

> access=retailer ??

I thought of that, but there are problems.  The first is that
access=members is discouraged in favour of
access=private (Costco requires a membership fee).  The documentation also
seems to be a little
dismissive of using access outside of highways and parking (it doesn't
strongly discourage it but it
doesn't encourage it much).  Authors of editors seem to prefer consistency
in subtags, so if we
allowed access=retailers|members|public there would need to be special-case
code to prevent
the option of making a highway access=retailers being shown.

So maybe wholesaler:for=retailers|members|public is the way to go.

--
Paul