On 27/06/18 08:42, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On 27 June 2018 at 02:22, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com <mailto:dieterdre...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I've set up a propsal, please comment:
    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/discounter
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/discounter>

Sorry Martin, but to me at least, that proposal doesn't really say anything?

Couldn't /any/ shop become a discounter, just by hanging a sign out the front "50% off everything in store"?

& the Wiki page doesn't  help matters at all?

The 4 examples they list for Australia are a main-stream supermarket & the 3 biggest department stores in the country!

+1

Here is an Australian discount shop https://www.discountpartywarehouse.com.au/
It does sell food .. of a sort.

And the wikipedia list of UK discount shops does not include Aldi nor Lidi .. so the wikipedia does not support the statements made here ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_discount_shops_in_the_United_Kingdom