Hello List,

in the UAE/Emirates Hills area, particular around 'The Springs' there are a
number or lakes. All lakes are artificial.

Image example here: https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/bjCPLyUtXUhDAvOPqQWeUw

Reading through Key:water in the OpenStreetMap Wiki I wonder if these
should be tagged as pond.
natural=water
water=pond

The description in the wiki states: "A pond: a body of standing water,
man-made in most cases, that is usually smaller than a lake."

What does that mean? What is a typical size of a lake and is a large
artificial 'lake' then no pond?
The body of water I have linked to in Mapillary is a lake of medium size in
this area. There are smaller and larger ones. All are artificial.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Seb