Was the depression, where the water is, formed by man? If so then it could be tagged as a basin ..
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dbasin

Reservoirs are not only for irrigation, many around me are there to supply water for human consumption.
So I don't think the use of the water is relevant to defining a reservoir.

On 20/07/18 20:41, Sebastian wrote:
Hi,

With artificial I meant it is a hole with a plastic foil. Everything except sand is artificial and needs to be maintainer in this region.

I have been contemplating if these lakes are also used as a reservoir for irrigation myself. However I can't confirm or deny this.

I'll keep the lake tags then, no pond.

PS: I hope my response to the digest gets filed properly.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com <mailto:vosc...@gmail.com>>
To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging@openstreetmap.org <mailto:tagging@openstreetmap.org>>
Bcc:
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:49:46 +0200
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Lake or Pond
... or a reservoir, as Warin points out.

On 20 July 2018 at 11:46, Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com <mailto:vosc...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        The description in the (OSM) wiki states: "A pond: a body of
        standing water, man-made in most cases, that is usually
        smaller than a lake."

    This definition is different from the Wikipedia definition:
    " A *pond* is a body <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_of_water>
    of standing water
    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_stagnation>, either natural
    or artificial, that is usually smaller than a lake
    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake> "

        What are your thoughts?

    Our wiki is misleading
    The "thing" in the Mapillary photo is a lake, not a pond,
    regardless of what the OSM wiki says.
    It's too large for a pond