On 22/10/18 09:56, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 08:42, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com <mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I would opt for;
    depreciating amenity=embassy .. as they are used for embassies,
    consulates etc .. so you don't know what they are (unless it has a
    detailed sub tag)
    introducing amenity=diplomatic and use the sub tag diplomatic=* to
    detail what it is - embassy/consulate/*

Yep, straight-forward & simple :-)

I fit in with 'simple' .

I just looked at some amenity=embassy around me .. probably added a fair few of them myself.
Few of them have any diplomatic=*.

So I searched on consulate general .. and got 55 with that in their name, so being fairly certain they are in fact consulate generals I add the tag diplomatic=consulate_general, 55 of them.
I'll check the others later.