On 25/10/18 22:30, Andrew Harvey wrote:
What's the recommended tagging for radio telescopes like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canberra_Deep_Space_Communication_Complex
which are parabolic dishes which are used for two way communication?

What about the radio telescope
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkes_Observatory which is used for
communication but one way (receiving only, no transmit).

Parks was constructed for reception only.

But was refitted for transmission probably for NASA (the moon program or
possibly something before that?).

It is still used for both reception only and communication, so serves both
functions.

 From the outside they look identical to radio telescopes used for
astronomy which I presume based on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made=telescope would be

man_made=telescope
telescope:type=radio
tower:construction=dish

The tower is not a 'dish'.

The tower supports the dish.

The 'dish' is a radio reflector, not an antenna.