On 27 October 2018 16:17:09 BST, Johnparis <ok...@johnfreed.com> wrote:
>I was waiting for Martin to weigh in on the amenity vs. office
>question.
>
>To me, a consulate falls squarely within the definition of amenity. It
>certainly serves "tourists" (including expats/foreigners/etc.). When I
>am
>visiting a new country, my country's consulate is one of the most
>important
>places for me to know about.
I would think that puts you in a minority, it is not something I have ever
considered.

I suspect it is something most people find out about if it all goes very wrong.

>And if I'm considering a visit to another
>country, finding that country's consulate is essential if I need a
>visa.
The only visa I have ever needed was to visit the US in the 70s. That was done
by post. These days they are not needed.

Phil (trigpoint)