Dave F <davefoxfa...@btinternet.com> writes:

> Every tag is for the renderer, otherwise all maps would be black lines
> & dots. As your link clearly states:

> /"Don't deliberately enter data *incorrectly* for the renderer"
> /
>
> The tag 'layer' is purely to aid renderings.

That's not true.  It represents things being above and below each other,
which is useful for more than drawing.

In the case of tag saying what angle to draw something, that's a
specific drawing instruction, and I don't think it belongs.  The right
angle depends on the map designer's intent and a lot of other things.
It seems far better for renderers to decide 1) if they want angled text
at all -- which is a major design choice and 2) hwo to choose the angle.

  • ... دار الآثار للنشر والتوزيع-صنعاء Dar Alathar-Yemen
    • ... OSMDoudou
      • ... Dave F
        • ... Greg Troxel
    • ... Kevin Kenny
      • ... دار الآثار للنشر والتوزيع-صنعاء Dar Alathar-Yemen
        • ... OSMDoudou
          • ... دار الآثار للنشر والتوزيع-صنعاء Dar Alathar-Yemen
            • ... Kevin Kenny
            • ... Mateusz Konieczny