On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 21:55, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> As Warin suggested, I just went to shop=car, "Edit source", copied the
> entire page, pasted it as a new text document (I use Open Office but I'd
> think any "Word" program would work), made the necessary changes of
> changing car to caravan etc, searched shop=caravan in the OSM wiki with
> nothing found, created the new page, copy / pasted my document, preview,
> save & done! (Apart from going back in a dozen times to tweak things!)

That's the LONG way around. :)

Edit source on shop=car.  Copy the entire page into the paste buffer.
Create the new page.  Paste
the paste buffer into it.  No need for an intermediate Word document.  In
fact, that way you don't risk
Word doing "clever" things behind your back like "fixing" apostrophes to be
what it thinks you should
be using (it's sometimes wrong even in plain English, and with wiki markup
it can be a disaster).

OK, the Word document gives you search and replace whereas with a browser
you just have search
and have to do the rest manually. but that way you don't have to take extra
care that your global
search/replace hasn't left you with a "caravane" where you should have had
"care."

> *Very* straight forward & simple! :-)

It can be even simpler.  For some values of "simple." :)

--
Paul