>> We also need to apply common sense when mapping.
>

>yes. Although common sense is not a criterion for legal access. This is
>either allowed or forbidden, and unless it is forbidden, access is by
>default allowed on roads.

I fear common sense in fact somehow IS a legal criterion. Lawyers and lawmakers
have already more than a hundred years ago rendered to the fact that it's
impossible to regulate people's behaviour into every last detail. This is
particularly true for a system with so many participants like traffic. That's
why above all other traffic rules there's the basic rule of " you shall not
pose more risk to others than what is strictly inevitable". Here in Germany
this rule is expressed in section 1 subsection 2 of the traffic code (§ 1 (2)
StVO). And that's why no sign is necessary at the tunnel at Tunisstrasse in
Cologne (the example put forward in this discussion before). There, all
pedestrians, load-bearing or not, have plenty of less dangerous options than
walking through the tunnel. In consequence, I would consider it right to tag
the tunnel as "foot=no".

All the best!