I disagree with the fact that making things even more complex (with adding an "all_lane" ) will help to solve when there is already a well known use of lane schema. Imagine cases where bicycles lanes are between two same direction lanes (it sometimes happens with a turn right lane. There the bicycle lane is between the through lane and the turn right lane)

Lot of tools are already able to check validity of lane schemas, adding one lane for bicycles (or other transportation means) will not hurt them as soon as all lane tags are in line. I think that moving from a "car sized" to a "whatever size" is not such a big step but would help a lot simplifying the model thanks to a slight change.

LeTopographeFou
De: matkoni...@tutanota.com
Envoyé: 18 mars 2019 2:13 AM
À: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Répondre à: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Objet: Re: [Tagging] Green lanes (OT)

Mar 18, 2019, 12:48 AM by ba...@ursamundi.org:

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 5:33 PM Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@tutanota.com> wrote:
Note that bicycle only lanes are not included in lanes tag count (only full lanes are counted).

Lets fix this error by omission already.  Not counting all lanes serves nobody
Redefining lanes tag from "count of full lanes" to "count of all lanes" while it is
used 9 million times is also a poor idea.

New tag like all_lanes or something similar would likely be a better idea.