I'm surprised that I can't find an established tag or wiki page for a
plateau, mesa, or tableland; an area of raised land that is flat on
top:

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plateau and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_(landform)

Small plateaus or mesas may be called a "Butte" in the USA, or a
tableland in some English-speaking regions. See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butte

They are known as "Mesas" in Spanish-speaking areas and related
languages. I believe "plateau" is from French?

These features are common in arid areas of the southwestern United
States and in many other places that have the appropriate geology:
usually there is a hard layer of rock on top of softer layers. This
often forms a flat area with steep slopes or even cliffs at the sides.
They can also from from volcanic activity, or from glaciation.

I searched taginfo for "tableland", "table_land", "table-land",
"plateau" and "mesa".

There are 94 natural=plateau and 3 natural=mesa.
I found no uses of natural=table or table_land or tableland or tableland

Is natural=plateau the best option? This sounds fine to me, as an
American English speaker, but I'd like to know if it's the best
British English option.