Hi,

Am Samstag, den 13.04.2019, 11:48 +0000 schrieb marc marc:
> destination is the opposite, no ?
> if river A go into river B  :
> in relation A : destination=B
> in relation B : A with rĂ´le tributary

Destination helps human mappers to understand the data.
It is optional.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:waterway

Currently I only add it if the connection data of the waterway segments
do not end in another river.

e.g. a river flows into an ocean and it has the tag
destination="atlantic ocean".
This tag is usefull as you now don't have to look for an downstream
river, where just some node connection is missing.

For larger rivers you can use wikidata for connection analyses, too.
If the wikidata tags are added to the waterway relations you can
compare the geometric connection (from osm) with the logical
connections described in wikidata:

E.g. the Ohio River https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4915 flows into
(mouth of the watercourse) the https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1497
Mississippi River that flows into Gulf of Mexico https://www.wikidata.
org/wiki/Q12630 which is part of the American Mediterranean Sea
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q470088 and that is part of the Atlantic
Ocean https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q97

In my opinion the best mapping method now is to add the wikidata tag
and define the mouth of watercourse in wikidata (if not already there).
I do not like the tributary role in waterway relations and not the
watershed relations.

Regars
Werner