22 May 2019, 13:00 by f...@zz.de:

> Hi
>
> On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:42:45PM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>
>> 22 May 2019, 09:53 by f...@zz.de:
>> > Hi Marc,
>> > Yes there is - there has to be an explicit location you will ne navigated
>> > to for a certain feature.
>> >
>> This is blatantly untrue. Depending on location you will prefer to be routed
>> to different entrances and it is not considering different modes of
>> transport.
>>

> How can i select the entrance on OSRM/openstreetmap website, MAPS.ME,
> OsmAND the entrance? You cant.

Why would you want to manually select entrance?

See for example router selecting appropriate entrance based on location:

http://brouter.de/brouter-web/#map=16/50.0645/19.9179/standard&lonlats=19.916883,50.065609;19.917483,50.062799&profile=shortest

http://brouter.de/brouter-web/#map=16/50.0645/19.9179/standard&lonlats=19.918041,50.059245;19.917483,50.062799&profile=shortest

> And when navigating by car to
> a mall i dont want the entrance - i want the Car park. Can i select
> that from a drop down when selecting a Mall to navigate to?

It should be automatically preferred for car routing. I admit that I have no
router to
recommend, as I am not using car. But have you tried requesting improvements
for your navigation (assuming that it has a a public bug tracker and it was not
requested already)?

> Mapping OSM Objects to navigational locations is implicit right now and
> depends on the algorithm used to find the nearest location on the
> routable network for the specified mode of transportation. So i bet
> i can generate a situation where OSMAnd, OSRM and MAPS.ME will bring
> you to different spots more than 5km apart.

What is wrong with that?

> And dont troll me with "add a footway" - A footway is not in the
> routable graph for cars and will not even be in the database when
> looking for the nearest point.

Router can use footway data to select good dropoff point.
And other info like parkings.