Le 23.05.19 à 18:26, Nick Bolten a écrit :
> I'd like to know how, as a data consumer, I should reliably interpret
> existing platforms without the tag added by iD.

without explicit value, it is impossible to say whether the platforms
is a public path, a public footway, or none of them.

improving this situation would be :

in a editor :
- if a highway crosses the polygon of a platform in the wanted
direction, don't ask for access on it, use that highway
- otherwise, editor can ask the user: does a sign restrict access?
if so, enter the value access
- otherwise, do not add anything to osm, don't map the legislation
on each osm object !

for data consumer :
- use a default value depending on the country (in some countries you
can walk, in other countries you can walk with a dismounted bike,
in others you can stay on your bike)
- a good well formated wiki page and/or a type=default relation help
to have access to the data need for a preprocessor.
- pooling contributions/code/rules to make a preprocessor that add
in legislation on osm objects of a pdb could make sense

Regards,
Marc