sent from a phone

> On 24. May 2019, at 22:10, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK, so let me ask this.  Do zebra stripes on their own have any legal
> significance?  Can
> you have zebra stripes without lights or are they only ever present with
> lights?
>
> If you can have zebra stripes without lights that mean something different to
> zebra stripes
> with lights, that could be a problem for the blind.

in Italy it is also common to have zebra markings at traffic light controlled
crossings. The markings indicate the space which pedestrians can use.
Generally, zebra markings often require also vertical signs in order to be
legally zebra crossings (e.g. in Germany always and in Italy if it is not in
proximity of a junction).

Using a different kind of markings could eventually make a difference in case
the traffic lights are turned off.

Cheers, Martin