On 04/07/19 11:47, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 10:06, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com <mailto:joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Some users specify the number of tents or caravans allowed at a
    campsite or camp pitch with tents=<number> and caravans=<number>, but
    more frequently these are specified with capacity:caravans=<number>,
    capacity:tents=<number> or maxtents=<number>

    So I'm thinking that capacity:tents=# and capacity:caravans=# would be
    the least ambiguous option, along with tents=yes/no and
    caravans=yes/no?

I've never seen an individual caravan site / pitch that will handle more than 1 caravan at a time, so I'm not sure if there's any need for that one?

With regard to the number of tents on an individual site, you then get the potential problem of the size of the tent.

Let's say that your tent site is 5m x 5m - you can get tents that are that size (& bigger!) so only 1 will fit, or, if a group of people are using 1-man pup tents / swags, they could probably fit 10 tents in that same area!

Maybe just leave it as tent & caravan = yes / no, without the numbers / capacity fields?

You have never been camping in Germany. Some camp sites are regimented, you are allocated a site/pitch on registering, yes for a tent!

Adels Grove in Queensland also dictates a site... and so does Lawn Hill NP site. And there are NP sites in Tassie that do the same, booked sites for tents.

So capacity:tents=# and capacity:caravans=# are valid things for camp sites.

Camp pitches of larger size, with smaller tents ??? I'd leave it to the mapper, if they want they can add the tag.