I don't think it would be necessary to combine "bbq=no" and
"bring_own_bbq=yes" - if a feature such as a leisure=picnic_site is
tagged "bring_own_bbq=yes" that is sufficient. The tag "bbq=no", like
most tags with value "no", can be omitted.

There might be times when there is "bbq=yes" and "bring_own_bbq=no",
if you have to use the provided grill and can't bring your own, and
certainly a feature could be tagged with both "bbq=yes" and
"bring_own_bbq=yes".

That said, I'm happy to use the tag "barbecue_grill=yes/no" if there
are other people who clearly prefer this tag to "bbq=yes/no"

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties
for the draft proposal