sent from a phone

> On 15. Aug 2019, at 05:33, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Is there evidence or documentation that the accepted and historic
> method of documenting new, unused or little-used tags is to create a
> Tag:key=value page, without discussion first?
>
> I'm new here, but it looks like back in 2007 to 2008 tags were
> discussed and then voted upon and added to Map Features quite
> frequently;

from what I recall, while many tags were already used but not really
documented, in 2008/09 people would either set up a tag page for tags that were
already used(not only by themselves), or write a proposal, or if they set up
new pages for tags that weren’t used the other mappers would complain and call
it wiki fiddling (also for those who unilaterally changed tag definitions) if
it was in the tag definition space and not in their user space.

‘document your tags’ was not intended as setting up a “tag page” for tags that
were neither discussed nor proposed nor in significant use.

Cheers Martin