On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:54:01 +0200, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > By doing that, you're basically saying that alternatives can't have
> forward/backward roles. To me that doesn't make sense. We are using those
> forward/backward roles to indicate that there are 2 branches for each
> direction of travel along the route. This could easily happen along an
> alternative part of the route as well.

Just to be clear: are you still talking about hiking/walking routes? Or public
transport? Because, as far as I know, there is no clear explanation in the wiki
why forward/backward should be used in hiking routes.

(except perhaps when there is a highway that is one way for foot? which is
extremely rare)