Hi there!

In the summer of 2018, we conducted a project called Assets and Threats
mapping
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11HQttl5Pb8IFgATufV4LxaDn0eCXEcEuA56phrf1X0Y/edit#heading=h.gdboihqvh9gy>
under the Ramani Huria project in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania that aims to make
Dar es Salaam a more flood-resilient city. In this project, we focused on
the assets/amenities in the city that are important to the community and
are at risk of flooding or not.

After collecting all the information, we decided we should upload them in
OSM to be shared with the world since it was a successful project to some
extent. The challenge came when we could not upload these data since there
is no specific tag to use for amenities or AoIs affected by floods, the
only tag that we could find is flood_prone=yes
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:flood_prone> but this is mostly
applicable to “roads/ways" that go underwater after heavy rains.

   1. Is there any other tag that can be used for points under flooding
   threat or can we use another tag?
   2. Our initial thought was to create a new tag i.e. asset:risk=yes and
   asset:risk=no or we could overcome this challenge by having one tag that
   is used by the entire OSM community to identify ways, areas, or points
   that are prone to floods

Kind regards,
*Immaculata Mwanja*