Am Sa., 7. Sept. 2019 um 17:20 Uhr schrieb Robert Riemann <rob...@riemann.cc
>:

> I looked for quite some time to find approriate tags, but I believe now we
> need to introduce at least one new tag.
>
> 1) there is office=government and government=*
>
> This does not cover the special jurisdiction. The European Parliament does
> not
> belong to the country in which it is located (France), but to the European
> Union

this doesn't matter I would say

> 3) use of relations
>
> according to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Relationen ,
> relations are
> not meant to cover wide-spread objects. However, European Union offices
> are
> spread over the entire world (including their permanent representations).

relations are not meant to group objects with common properties. Use tags
for this.

> 4) there is operator=
>
> One could set operator=European Union already to all EU offices, however,
> this
> does not capture the administrative level.

if European Union is the common operator for all those offices, this could
be a solution, although something like operator:wikidata would be easier to
evaluate, because "European Union" is an English term, while operator
values tend to be in local language.

> 5) there is diplomatic=
>
> However, https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:diplomatic does not list
> value that would fit. Please proof me wrong.

diplomatic is thought for diplomatic representations. I would not expect it
to be suitable for all kinds of government offices.

> Is there a standard for tagging of UN, EU, OECD, Red Cross, etc. buildings
> yet?

we are not tagging "buildings" but the seats and workplaces of such
institutions, which may be limited to the extent of a building or be only
part of a building, may include grounds around buildings, but do ultimately
not require any building to be tagged.

There isn't a single standard to easily find all of these with a simple
query. Think about the language issues, Red Cross in one country will be
called Croce Rossa in another one, and Rotes Kreuz in another one, but even
in a single country like Germany, you may find more than one of them
(Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, Bayerisches Rotes Kreuz), and you may find more
specific values like "operator=Bayerisches Rotes Kreuz – Kreisverband
Oberallgäu" oder multiple values, ...

Cheers,
Martin