On 09/09/19 18:20, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

On 09.09.19 02:37, Warin wrote:
Quote: "Open Defecation, people going to the toilet in the open,
specially in dense urban areas. Open defecation areas ODA are use by
about 850 million people. If they each use 10 different areas a year
then that is 8.5 billion areas."
I don't follow that logic. If the 300k inhabitants of my city each use a
bus stop 100 times per year, then that means our city has 30 million bus
stops?

Good point.
I think what occurs is that an area is used until it reaches 'end of life' and
so a new area is then used. Could happen 10 times a year.

How many people use the one area ? I have no idea. In dense urban areas there
would have to be a few people using the one place?

I do know that in some areas of the world a farmers family will defecate in
their fields,
I think they are not constantly in one area but distribute the waste so as not
to swamp one place.