On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 at 16:49, Ruben <tagging.ru...@janmaes.com> wrote:

> There has been discussion about this on the forum:
> https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=66456
>
> I had drafted a (in retrospect not perfect) proposal as well:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Low_waste_and_zero_waste

I had a quick look at both of those.  Both seem to largely ignore the
elephant in the
room.  In many stores, this will apply to only SOME of the products.  The
percentage
of products covered is almost certain to increase over time, but the nature
of some
products makes it unlikely they can ever be sold loose.  Is a supermarket
zero
waste because one brand of one particular type of breakfast cereal is sold
loose
but nothing else is?

Incidentally, I've just managed to remember a common term that might cover
zero/low waste better: such items are sold loose.  A term which used to be
in common usage many decades ago when I was a child but which has almost
vanished because, these days, few things are sold loose.

--
Paul