Il giorno mar, 01/10/2019 alle 23.09 +0200, Tobias Zwick ha scritto:
> Milestones are not necessarily located at the true distance of A to
> B. Not sure why this is the case, but I know that this is true for at
> least Thailand.
> On 01/10/2019 21:10, Paul Allen wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 19:40, Jorge Aguirre <jorge.agui...@kaart.com
> >  <mailto:jorge.agui...@kaart.com>> wrote:
> >     The addresses that utilize ‘Km’ as part of the actual address
> > are always related to a specific 'highway:milestone’ on that
> > particular highway. For instance, the address for the Hilton
> > Guatemala Vista Real Hotel in Guatemala - as it appears on their
> > official website: [
> > https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/guatemala/hilton-guatemala-city-GUALLHH/index.html
> > ] - is ‘Km. 9.5 CA-1 East Vista Real Complex, Guatemala City,
> > 01015’. What this means is the location is 500 meters from where
> > the 'highway:milestone=9’ on that particular ‘CA-1 East’ highway...
> >
> > I think we're close to hitting the record for how misleading a tag
> > name can be.
> > This is a proposal for a tag addr:milestone to allow us to specify
> > a distance in kilometres(not miles), of a house (not a milestone)
> > and the nearest milestone isn't a stone but a sign.If the locals
> > call the road markers (marked in kilometres and which are not
> > stones)milestones then there is some slight justification for
> > addr:milestone.  But only slight,because the address doesn't give
> > the nearest "milestone" but a distance along a road.
> > If I understand you correctly, this is actually a distance along a
> > particular highway.  A distancefrom where, exactly?  A highway has
> > two ends, and there may be a milestone (that is neithera stone, nor
> > marked in miles) 9km from each end.  I assume that since the
> > addressis in Guatemala City, that would be what is used for
> > addr:city; I also assume that sincethe street is CA-1 East, that
> > would be what is used for addr:street.  Therefore the onlyother
> > thing required would be addr:distance to specify the distance from
> > addr:cityalong addr:street.
> > Unless the locals call road markers "milestones" and think of the
> > "9.5km" in terms ofmilestones, addr:milestone is a horrific
> > misnomer and addr:distance better.
> > -- Paul

For the same purpose of this proposal I used addr:milestone:distance=*
but I agree with Paul that there's no need for the milestone in the
middle.Real distance or not is the same for distance=* when used with
highway=milestone.I'd also use same rule for the unit, default in
kilometers if no one is given.

Lorenzo