On Fri, 11 Oct 2019, 11:21 Snusmumriken, <snusmumriken.map...@runbox.com>
wrote:

> That tag is about lane changing, I don't see how it could be applied to
> my example

If i understand the wiki page correctly,

lanes=2
lanes:forward=1
lanes:backward=1
change:lanes:forward=not_left
change:lanes:backward=not_left

would mean that on both lanes it isn't allowed to turn left onto the lane
of the oncoming traffic.

And for the case i misunderstand that tag, we can invent a new tag.
Splitting the road into two parallel ways isn't the only possible solution.

My assumption is that pedestrian routing engine would stick to
> sidewalks and crossings and not to tell the pedestrian to cross a
> street where there is no crossing. The individual pedestrian can of
> course make up his own mind what legal/physical risks are acceptable to
> save a bit of time

As Kevin already pointed out, there are many places without pedestrian
crossings. Therefore pedestrian routing wouldn't work where a road with
painted lane separation is mapped with two ways.

I wish you all a nice weekend

Markus