On 21.10.19 13:02, John Willis via Tagging wrote:
We can all imagine a bus lane, a turn lane, a cycle lane, and whatever a "pedestrian
lane" might be in the road. It's part of the road. It's marked with a (painted) line
to separate one from the other. The lane feels like part of the road. The green lanes I
deal with in Japan are clearly part of the road. I don't know how to map them as a lane,
but it is clearly a lane, and not a sidewalk.

Representing the lane as a lane is quite simple using the established lane tagging scheme, e.g. on a oneway road with two vehicle lanes and a pedestrian lane to the right:

lanes = 2  (counts only wide lanes for motor_vehicles)
access:lanes = ||no  (prohibit access to the third lane)
foot:lanes = ||designated (allowing foot access to this lane)
width:lanes = 3|3|1.5
colour:lanes = gray|gray|green  (if you like colours...)

These tags can be used to reconstruct the lane structure of the road without doubt, but we still have to find a routing engine that is able to cope with that...

Jan