Hi Martin,I would agree that water transportation is a very poor description of
it, however that seems to be the least inappropriate place to put it in the
hierarchical list on the wiki page for access=*. The list also includes
canoe=*, which isn't really transportation for  e.g. a recreational canoeist in
a lake or the docks.I certainly wouldn't describe it as transportation on a
wiki page for the swimming=* tag, should it progress to a successful
proposal.-- Robert Skedgell (rskedgell)
-------- Original message --------From: Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> Date: 24/10/2019  09:23  (GMT+00:00) To: "Tag
discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging@openstreetmap.org> Subject:
Re: [Tagging] swimming=* access tag Am Mi., 23. Okt. 2019 um 12:03 Uhr schrieb
Robert Skedgell <r...@hubris.org.uk>:I wonder whether it would be worth adding
a swimming=* access tag to the
wiki and the list under "Water-based transportation" section of the page
for access=* (alongside boat=*/canoe=*)? I am not opposed to the term
"swimming", or using it as an access value (there are ~400 uses of it, and
although "natural" is the second most used value, it isn't significant in
absolute numbers),but putting it under "water based transportation" seems odd.
Is swimming a kind of "transportation"?Cheers,Martin