On 06/11/2019 18:04, Greg Troxel wrote:

I think a shared driveway is still a driveway.

This is the crux. The only distinguishing attribute from what we'd all tag as a driveway is that's it's shared. A driveway is designated as privately owned rather than by the local authority. It isn't defined by how many own it.

As Greg pointed out no one gave it a specific name in this thread. All references were to it being a 'shared driveway'.

If other people had tagged in driveway, and amazon removed it as part
of a large-scale paid edit, I think that's totally not ok.

I'm unsure if this is a blanket policy of Amazon, I think it maybe just this one editor.

I see large-scale paid edits as part way to mechanical edits, and think
they have to be more deferential than normal mappers.

I really think OSM as a whole needs to steer away from considering edits based purely on their size as something to be fearful of. As long as the data is accurate & improves OSM's database quality then it should be welcomed.

With Amazon specifically, the data is coming from their GPS recordings & is being gradually added. (Unsure whether the contributors being paid makes any difference). Overall I'd say their edits contain the same amount of errors as the average OSM contributor.

DaveF