Am Mo., 11. Nov. 2019 um 03:19 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>:

> [is there a] "consistent difference between shop=ice_cream and
> amenity=ice_cream in real tagging by mappers", or not?
>
> It does not appear that these tags are consistently used in a
> different way, but rather than some users have typed in "shop="
> instead of the more common key "amenity=".

I would see amenity=ice_cream to be able to cover everything (and more)
that shop=ice_cream can cover, but not the other way round, i.e.
shop=ice_cream seems more specific (=it is not a booth or van). WRT to
amenity=cafe cuisine=ice_cream, I would see amenity=ice_cream to be able to
cover all those as well, but not the other way round, and finally,
Shop=ice_cream would only cover those amenity=cafe cuisine=ice_cream, where
takeaway is also offered (probably almost all of them).

Cheers
Martin