On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 18:04 +0100, Markus wrote:

> I wouldn't look for a café if i were hungry. Instead i would look for
> a restaurant, pub or fast food booth.
>
> In mainland Europe i expect from a café that i can drink a coffee
> there and maybe have a sweet snack. While some also serve salty
> snacks
> (like panini) or alcoholic drinks (like apéritifs), i wouldn't expect
> that every café serves this.

On most High Streets in the UK, a cafe is certainly the place to go for
a traditional breakfast. Most pubs and fast food outlets will not be
open at that time of the  day, McDonalds for breakfast being an
exception in the fast food market.

International brand cafes such as Starbucks also serve Breakfast
Paninis, Croissants etc.

Phil (trigpoint)